Friday, October 19, 2012

Anniversary Nails

I did this nail design on Wednesday since my boyfriend and I had our 6th year anniversary then. I was just feeling in the mood for something hearts and sweetness so here it is.

I used Essie Fiji for the light pink background and Sally Hansen Hot Magenta for the gradient and the hearts. The hearts were free-handed over top of the gradient, followed by a coat of Claires Glow in the Dark polish over that for a bit of glitter in the light and to make the light pink glow in the dark, because how fun is that?

Wish I could have gotten a good photo of the glow in the dark effect for you all, but it wasn't working out for me. Still, I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with.

I used two coats of Seche Vite for my top coat to smooth out the roughness of the glitter, and I recently found some 100% acetone at Wal-Mart so I got to touch up my polish without trying to use my regular remover to do it.

What do you think of this design? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...