Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pearl on Rose Filigree

Okie, so I've got a design for you today that is pretty and subtle and delicate, if I do say so myself.


This is inspired by most elegant designs I've seen, anything with a bit of filigree to it, if you recognize it I'd love it if you let me know, maybe this is pulled from something deep in my subconscious. I used Gosh Rose as a base and Golden Iridescent Pearl (Fine) from their Fluid Acrylics line to detail. #2456-1 Series 4 if you are interested in it. Also, glitter.

 I had a pretty difficult time photographing this, the acrylic pearl is fairly translucent and with a couple coats of various sparkles over top it turned out very barely there. I took a lot of pictures and subsequently got a lot of pretty neat shots, so here they are.



 If you have an opinion on these shot angles (if you really like one or hate one) let me know and I'll do more like it or never try it again, haha.


What do you think of this design? I did all the swirls by hand so I'm pretty critical of them but overall I think it turned out well.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. These look like they've been stamped! What a great job! Your nails are so long! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet ^^ Thank you! It'll be a real test to see if they stay long when I start drawing painting and sculpture in the fall, it'll be almost impossible to not break them then, not to mention getting paint all over my designs.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...